Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Substances
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances
FACE TO FACE - at your site (providing you have adequate training areas, resources and participants)
$1,200 per session (GST free)
This course is delivered at your site for groups of up to 12 people per session
Must be able to speak and understand English and provide suitable identification.
This accredited course is designed for anyone working in industries that may handle dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances. It involves the basic skills and knowledge required to handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances, including identifying requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances, confirming site incident procedures and selecting handling techniques.
- Identifying requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances.
• Dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances are identified from information including class labels, manifests and other documentation.
• Storage requirements for hazardous substances and/or dangerous goods are identified and applied.
• Legislative requirements for hazardous substances and/or dangerous goods are known and used to plan work activities.
• Handling procedures for different classes and characteristics of goods are observed.
• Confirmation is sought from relevant personnel where dangerous goods or hazardous materials do not appear to be appropriately marked.
- Confirm site incident procedures.
• Incident reporting processes are identified.
• Emergency equipment is located and checked according to workplace procedures and statutory regulations.
• Emergency procedures are identified and confirmed.
- Select handling techniques.
• Load handling and shifting procedures are selected in accordance with identified requirements for particular goods.
• Handling equipment is checked for conformity with workplace requirements and manufacturers guidelines.
• Where relevant, suitable signage is checked for compliance with workplace procedures.
The course aims to develop the appropriate attitudes needed to enable participants to be effectively involved in the process of hazardous substances management, including identification, assessment and control of risks. On successful completion, each participant will be issued a Statement of Attainment for TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances.
For booking enquiries on this course, please contact our Head Office 1300 262721 or email us your details with the form below.
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Substances or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.