Crane - CV
TLILIC0012 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above) (CV)
FACE TO FACE - this is a private course for your group of min 4 to max 6 people and is delivered using your vehicle loading crane. Training can be delivered at your site providing you have adequate resources, or at our training centre in Wetherill Park.
Vehicle Loading Crane Trucks cannot be hired so no public courses are available at this time. If you do not have a group of 4-6 people, you could consider gaining a C2 licence instead. TLILIC3008 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane up to 20 tonnes.
4 days (3 days training plus 1 day assessing)
(the course duration depends on group size and level of any existing skills and knowledge of participants)
$1,500 per person gst-free
Course cost is based on minimum 4 to maximum 6 people per course.
[A SafeWork NSW HRW licence fee is additional and payable by each successful applicant at Australia Post Office].
Participants must be over 18 years of age, be able to speak and understand English; understand technical concepts and mathematical equations; and provide 100 points of Identification as per SafeWork NSW requirements. If a participant fails to bring 100 points of identification a re-booking fee of $100 will be charged for assessment to be re-scheduled.
How do I determine if my Vehicle Loading Crane has an over 10 metre tonnes capacity?
To calculate the metre tonne rating of your crane, you need to:
- Refer to your crane’s load chart.
- Determine from the load chart the MAXIMUM LOAD your crane can lift.
- Determine the MAXIMUM RADIUS it can lift the MAXIMUM LOAD.
- Multiply together these 2 numbers (Metres x Tonnes)
- If the answer is equal to or greater than 10, then you require a license to operate your Vehicle Loading Crane.
This course and licence is a legal requirement for anyone who operates a vehicle loading crane (over 10 metre tonnes).
During this course, operators are trained and assessed against the High Risk Work Licensing requirements as per Work Health and Safety Regulations.
- Compliance with WHS licensing legislation.
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- Risk assessment and management procedures (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, crane tipping and demolition sites).
- Pre-operational checks, positioning, stabilising, set up, operation, post-operational checks of a vehicle loading crane, lifting and transferring of loads within capacity of the crane.
- Techniques for estimation of load weights.
On successful completion of training and assessment, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0012 Licence to Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above), and will be eligible to apply for a National Licence to Perform High Risk Work (CV Class).
High Risk Work (HRW) Licences are valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
To receive a SafeWork NSW issued HRW licence, participants MUST lodge their licence application form at an Australia Post outlet together with a passport sized photo and pay the prescribed SafeWork NSW processing fee within 60 days of the final HRW assessment. Failure to lodge your paperwork on time will result in you being an unlicensed operator and further training and/or assessing fees will apply after the 60-day period.
Please refer to other relevant information on Dogging / Dogman licence requirements.
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on Crane - CV or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.